Imagine spending the last six summers in one of the most beautiful parts of the country in the southern Rockies in northern New Mexico; Angel Fire! I have been very fortunate not only to spend my summers there but also direct the tennis program at Angel Fire Resort; a unique tennis job where I ran a complete one man show; teaching, court maintenance, member and guest registration, and running events (along with assistance from my wife Becky).
I have loved every minute of my stay in New Mexico and wanted to share with you my highlights:
- Reacquainting and working with my lifelong extraordinary friends and professionals Dick Johnson (DJ) and Kurt Edelbrock!
- Raising over $50,000 and creating awareness for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society!
- Establishing extraordinary relationships with the wonderful members and guests in Angel Fire!
- Working for the best bosses in my long career; Lynn Heafey, CFO, and John Kitts, CEO, and all my wonderful co-workers at Angel Fire Resort!
- Building a strong tennis program; ladies, men’s, and mixed doubles play days, adult tennis clinics and camps, tennis olympics, junior clinics, interclubs with Taos, and pickleball!
- Developing friendships with the wonderful northern New Mexico united States Tennis Association’s Becky Lee and Sue Jolllensten!
I might have run the show but always felt the same joy as our members and guests when I got the pleasure to play tennis with them! I define success as gaining respect from your clients and peers, establishing extraordinary relationships, and having a great time on the journey! I feel I have reached the pinnacle of success in Angel Fire. I am leaving Angel Fire but hopefully not leaving the hearts of the wonderful people I have met! Michael J. Fox said “Family is not an important thing, it’s everything. Our Angel Fire family has been everything to me!